Monday, September 20, 2010

"Been a long time"

As a child, music was a major part of my life. My Dad was a huge fan of any music and could hold a conversation with anyone about any style of music. He knew all the newest artists but always kept up with his old favorites. I remember as a teenager I went through a Led Zeppelin phase and we would turn up the radio and sing as loud as we wanted. He also played a game with us called "who sings this?" yet he always seemed to know the answer. I mention my Dad and our love of music because 6 years ago today, he was taken from us. When I sat down to finally update this blog, I heard Led Zeppelin singing in my ear "been a long time" because it truly has been a long time. It's been a long time since I updated this blog, but sadly, even longer since I heard my Dad sing. Maybe this week, now that the weather isn't SO hot, you'll roll down your windows and sing out loud. It's a great feeling and I know it will make you smile.

We have a lot of fun things happening at the studios this fall. We are finally moved-in and almost settled at our new Avondale location. San Jose has been busy with people doing glass and we have our first glass Wine and Design class this Wednesday night. We have a pumpkin candy dish class coming up in October. October is also Breast Cancer Awareness month. We will be donating a percentage of the sales of our Cancer Ribbons to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer Research.

If you haven't been in before, what are you waiting for? Fall is on it's way and that means the holidays are not far behind. We hope to see you soon.

No comments: