Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"It's been a long days night"

Some of the great new glass pieces that I found, I can't wait to get to the studio and start making some more samples.
I won this piece at the auction. It is supposed to be an ice cream topping server, but I think I am going to use it in the studio for something else, I just don't know what.
This clock sold for $8,000 at the auction. This year we changed our charity from Susan G. Koman to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer. There was a rep from Vera Bradley and she was crying when this piece sold for so much. It was so great to see so many people donate so much of their hard earned money. This year, we raised approximately $33,000. Isn't that amazing?!
This is our future pottery studio owner, just contemplating on what pieces she should buy for Doing Dishes.

We just arrived home from the 2008 CCSA Convention in Phoenix, Arizona. As a few of you may remember from years past, this convention is AWESOME!!! Last year I decided to stay home since I was busy nursing Reagan, but I really missed going and getting new ideas and feeling a rejuvenated. This year, we were lucky because Brian's parents have an apartment in Phoenix, so we (Brian, Reagan and I) all flew out last Thursday. Convention started Saturday and I have to say, I think this was my favorite out of the 5 I have attended. It was held at the Arizona Biltmore and both Brian and I were sad that we didn't stay there. It is a beautiful resort and the convention areas were so nice and the people there were wonderful. I spent plenty of time walking around all the suppliers booths and getting all the newest catalogs and samples. I took lots of business classes and a few painting classes. I learned a lot and I can't wait to go to the studio tomorrow and start implementing some of my new ideas.

No comments: